ST3 Surgical Skills Training Programme (SSTP) - OBS & GYNAE - Session 1 (2019/20)
Date: October 10, 2019
Delivered by: Newcastle Surgical Training Centre (NSTC)
Contact: Mrs Sue Dent
Trainee Comments from previous SSTP ST3 Obs & Gynae
- The course exceeded my expectations! Very well
- A unique & brilliant learning opportunity - especially with
the DaVinci Simulators. This training has definitely enhanced
my view that this Region is a fantastic placement for O &
- All very useful. I would be more than happy to use the
whole of my study leave budget for this excellent value for
training. Course staff were very knowledgeable, enthusiastic
and very patient with us!
- Cadaver practical was great. I have been to different
laparoscopic (minimal access surgery) courses before this in RCOG
and MATTU. Compared to all of them this is the best training
I have received. Much more practical.
- This is an excellent opportunity to train with a Consultant in
the field with no real time constraints. A chance 'to have a
go' and be allowed to make mistakes which aids learning.
- Absolutely fantastic, would definitely recommend the course to
- The practical sessions were excellent as I haven't done any
surgery (gynae) for 7 months due to research. Brilliant
Trainers, very supportive, taking time to teach us the proper
techniques. I now feel more confident, and this will help me
when I get back to clinical work.
- Excellent course. Faculty very supportive and created a
very positive environment. Didn't feel silly even when I
didn't know certain things.
- Fantastic opportunity to do the procedures without the pressure
of time that is often the problem in real life in the Theatre
- Excellent course across all 3 days, very valuable
- Thank you for a very fruitfull and amazing course. I got
so much out of it and it will definitiely help my career.
- Really useful course for improving confidence before getting
'hands on' with patients.
- Excellent course, very relevant to our training needs.
Helps improve our confidence. The ratio of Trainer to
Trainee was excellent for the practical sessions.
- Really excited to see how my surgical skills have improved,
looking forward to putting these skills into practice.
- Excellent course - very well ran. Very relevant to our
year of training. Very useful to practice / learn
- Vey well organised. Enjoyable and challenging. I
feel more confident in my skills. Good to practice in safe
- Excellent cadaveric session. This was somehing I would
not be able to have any experience with on a living patient at this
stage of my training.
- The course was well above expectations, and I have already
recommended this course to colleagues
Launch of NSTC Twitter
Royal College of England Accreditation
NSTC & Health Education North East Surgical Skills Training Programme (SSTP)
ROBOTIC SURGICAL TRAINING IN UK
Newcastle increases robotic training to six specialties
BIARGS Conference 2019 - Newcastle
1st Newcastle Conference on behalf of the British & Irish Association of Robo...
Complex Abdominal Wall Repair (CAWR)
Date: September 07 2020
Pre Hospital Emergency Medicine Crew Course
Date: September 08 2020
BOFAS Foot & Ankle Course
Date: September 09 2020
Date: September 16 2020
Primary & Revision Hip
Date: September 23 2020
Primary & Revision Hip Course
Date: September 23 2020